Toddlers and sharing

If there is a conflict among two toddlers should both parents step in or the parent of the child acting up?

Brooke505

Asked by Brooke505 at 6:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I guess it depends on the situation. When my kids were this age I might get involved or I might not. I think when your kids are this age both parents might go over just to make sure their child isn't the one causing the problem or acting up.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It's hard to say. If the parent of the child acting up doesn't step in then you should. They are still babies though. The concept of sharing goes against their instincts. Redirection, not punishment, is the best wa to handle the situation.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• thats a hard one.... my sister and i have problems with our girls sharing all the time. My daughter is 3 and hers is 2 and what we usually do is which ever kid is acting up that mother will address it. it works for us
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think who ever has the kid acting up should step in. I have a 6 1/2 year old and a 21 month old and have always stressed sharing. My little cousin is horrible at sharing and his mom never says anything to him, hes 6 1/2 as well and its to the point i dont like him playing with my kids cause my baby shares better than he does...Like someone said its about redirection and not discipline
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The parent of the child acting up usually is not paying attention so then the other parent should step in and remove their child from the situation.
    abutler1032

Answer by abutler1032 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 28, 2011