Shape-ups.

Do they really work? I've thought about buying some for myself but I don't want to invest in them unless they work. They're kind of ugly, so I wouldn't wear them for any other reason.

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 7:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• They havent been proven do do anything but make you look like a doofus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i was going to post up the same question, they are everywhere now. i want to invest in some also but want to know if anybody else has and if they made any impact. thanks for posting it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My mother has lost ALOT of weight and she started wearing shape-ups to work in since she'd be on her feet often. They've really toned her legs and she says they're really comfy.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 7:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My dh wears them because he had knee surgery and he swears they are the only shoes that he is comfortable in. He has the black tennis shoes. I have no idea if they really work or not. I just know he loves them.
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i have the reebok easytones. i'd never get shape ups. easytones are cute and work on a different level than the shape ups. i definitely feel like i'm getting twice the workout when i'm at the gym with them
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• like momofone i have the reeboks and can feel and see a difference and they're really comfortable, don't look goofy like the sketchers either.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have the Shape-ups toners and I love them. I don't know if they work for sure but they seam to.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I wear the Reebok toning shoes. I don't think they work any better than regular shoes, but they are very comfortable. And if it's the placebo effect that gets you out and moving, then I say they are well worth the $80. :-)
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2011