When did you start potty training?

My son is 21 months and is very interested in the potty and his pee pee and loves to flush the toilet. Last night he wanted to sit on the potty so I sat him up there and after about two minutes he peed. I was wondering if I should keep this up or if it's still too early. I don't want to cause any problems by starting him too early but if it's interested I don't want to hold him back either. So what is the age you typically start the potty training process?

ashlee03

Asked by ashlee03 at 7:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Around two yrs old is when I started tranning my kids. If your child is interested sooner, by all means please do teach them.
    darter

Answer by darter at 7:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I didn't start my boy until he turned 3 but he never showed any interesst. But if your son wants to sit on the potty let him! At this age let him lead
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thanks ladies : ) I think we will go him his own potty chair today!!
    ashlee03

Comment by ashlee03 (original poster) at 7:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i started at 1-1/2 my kids were walking early, talking early and they were fully potty trained by age 2 yrs.
    theresaphilly

Answer by theresaphilly at 8:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Sounds to me like he is ready. If he is showing an interest in the potty then just go with it. Think of all the time you'll save not changing diapers. LOL! Your luck that you have it so easy.
    mammabug13

Answer by mammabug13 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Little ones will let you know when they are ready and it sounds like he is !
    younginx2

Answer by younginx2 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree, If he is showing the interest then go ahead with it!
    abutler1032

Answer by abutler1032 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2011