What is the best way to potty train a girl?

She is knows what it is for but she just won't take off her pull up and go in the potty. Is there something more I could be doing?

LoveMy2Kids10

Asked by LoveMy2Kids10 at 7:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i tried potty training my daughter at the age of two. She knew exactly what it was too but she had absolutely no interest in it! I tried everything bribing her, setting a timer and even letting her pick out her own underwear but nothing! When she turned three she still wasnt potty trained and i was just getting frustrated so i stopped pushing her. when i did that one day out of the blue she ran to the bathroom took her diaper off and sat down and went!! That was a week ago and she continues to use it during the day with no accidents. Maybe if you dont force your daughter she will catch on just like my little one! good luck i know its frustrating but you will get through it!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I started at 3. If she's wearing a pull up, it won't work. You have to get rid of diapers/pullups and go right to underwear. Wait until she is at least 2 1/2.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would catch her in the act.. she would always make this face and i would know. we'd run her off to the potty chair. DD is 27 months and very close to being potty trained with my extra help.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have 3 year old b/g twins and they are just starting to train and are doing very well. I think the best advice is dont push it and dont let others shame you/ her. SHE will let you know when she is ready!
    younginx2

Answer by younginx2 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think 2 is a good age to start. Do a underwear weekend where you, your husband and daughter run around in your underwear and make sure you sit her on the potty every 1/2 hour all weekend and give rewards.
    abutler1032

Answer by abutler1032 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My daughter will be 3 on sunday and has been potty trained for 3 months now. We sat her on her potty with a cup of water in front of the tv for 30 mins, After the 30 mins she could get up and play for like 15 mins. If she went she got a sticker to put on her chart. we did this for a couple of days and after a week she was using the potty during the day and after 2 weeks she was fully potty trained, not even diapers at night. She now will wake up if she has to go.
    BabyGirl5808

Answer by BabyGirl5808 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011