What bad habits/words has your child picked up from other kids?

My 4 yr old picked up the word stupid from a little boy in her pre k class. So now everything/everyone is stupid. UGH.

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 5 year old has been chewing on her hair because a girl who lives next door does it - it drives me insane. My 5 year old has been asking why she's lame and calling herself stupid and I can't think of anywhere else she'd pick it up except from one of the kids in the neighborhood.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 8:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My younger DD picked up stupid as well and my youngest picked it up. Now, when he's mad, everything/everyone is stupid. Ugh.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• ds 9 has picked up thats HOT or shes HOT or anything he can think of that HOT from my dd 15 and her friends....my cure everytime he says it i thump her ....my reasoning if she wasnt saying it he wouldnt be saying it.......cures them both .......i HATTTTTTTE that word...
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Just lately my nine year old ds has picked up a lot of swear words and slang terms for body parts from a friend at school. He knows enough not to say them in casual conversation, but sometimes feels the need to share something particularly 'funny' with me.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• None really, the worst has been DD saying everything is lame....lol and that was stopped immediatly!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My 12 yr old nephew taught my son "sexy" Great... now everyone is sexy... he also picked up a$$ but luckily we were able to nip that one when he realized the severity of punishment for certain phrases and words.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011