Heartburn... uuugghh

For the past two days I have had awful heartburn. I don't think it's went away at all. I haven't ate anything that should be giving me heartburn. I think my baby has recently dropped. Would that make the heartburn worse? Any suggestions on anything I can do to get rid of this horrible heartburn?

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 8:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes a glass of milk will help. If not, Tums are safe to take during pregnancy. If neither of those help, you can talk to your dr.

Answer by missanc at 8:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I use Zantac and sometimes Nexium or Aciphex during pregnancy which is prescribed by the doctor. I have acid reflux when I am not pregnant and it intensifies during pregnancy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I've had heartburn everyday for the last two months. It sucks! Try eating smaller meals more often and don't eat two hours before laying down or chew on a couple tums. I know they are gross but a few minutes later it becomes sooo worth it. Don't eat tums all day everyday tho...you could get kidney stones and trust me that's no fun.
    mammabug13

Answer by mammabug13 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well when i was pregnant my doctor told me i could take zantact and i did. It worked very well for awhile but then all of a sudden it stoped working and my heartburn became so painful and almost unbearable. I got on here and ask how to get rid of heartburn and i got an answer that really changed My life at the time. Someone Toledo me to mix hotwater, honey, and cinnamon. It really does work. I tried this even when medicine did not work. It was wonderful and amazing. You should try it for sure. I hope it works as good for you as it did for me.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 9:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2011