Why am I the bad one ?

So my ex husband left me for another woman when I was pregnant with our son. I divorced him, he signed over his rights before our son was a year old, later on I got remarried to a great guy who then adopted my son and has been raising him ( and our other 2 boys ) like a great dad should.

Over the last 7 years I would randomly get contacted by rude, sometimes threatning phone calls and emails .... i didnt really understand and at first I even thought they were just random people trying to have fun ( stupid fun) .

I now know the truth, after getting a ton of facebook emails within a 2 day period , some fo them mention how I dont let the real father of my son be in his life . I then looked up my ex to view his profile and found out that he will post about 3 times a week about how much he hates me and that I keep him from his son .... and tells people to send me messages telling me how awful I am.

Now this person has seen "his" son twice and those where the times when i took him to see him.... He never bought anything for him, nothing.

We have been living a very happy family life - we have a nice house, we do family activites, and he is very close to his dad ( my current husband) , he has no idea of this other trash - but it isnt because of me - it is because of himself , he never wanted to be a dad he is too selfish and immature and it is so unfair that in the last 7 years, while I have made a beautiful family and have been given my sons a wonderful life - he has been having people do and think these things....

Also his new girlfriend ( it says they have been dating for like 2 months ) ... is commenting alot about how they are going through the proper ways to get my son back for 1. can they even do that ? He gave up his rights almost 7 years ago, hasnt had any contact and my son has been adopted by my husband.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• He gave up his rights, your son is adopted by your husband, he can't do a thing about it. I know someone going through something similar. So don't fret mama, all will be fine :)
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 8:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• He gave up on his son, you didn't take him away. Sounds like he is just a bitter man who can't get his life together. I would change your phone number to unlisted and block anyone who sends you nasty messages on facebook. It's a shame that you have to deal with this. Is it something you can report to facebook? I would at least try. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• No, he has no rights at all. He is harassing you and you can call the police if it continues.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Don't worry signed away his rights..... Its just him trying to make people (new GF) that he isn't a POS. She most likely doesn't even know he signed his rights over.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 8:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• He can try all he wants, but he's the one that gave up the rights. He's going to be spending a LOT of money to try to get visitation, if its even possible.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would respond with the truth.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• No, you are untouchable legally. He gave up his rights and your son was adopted. He is out of the picture.

Honestly, I would just not open e-mails from people you don't know. It isn't worth your stress to hear a stranger cuss you out based on the sob story of your ex.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Report him on FB and then block him. Also, contact a lawyer for legal rights. Do not let him upset you or your current life. If phone calls continue, change it or have them traced. He is being abusive and harrassing you. If you have an answering machine, record and keep the calls you receive so you have "ammunition" in case he succeeds in taking you to court. If you weren't holding a knife to him or pointing a shotgun at him, you didn't force him to surrender his rights. You have that piece of paper as proof as well that he gave up his rights voluntarily. Contact the proper authorities for information to get him out of your life asap! Good luck, hun!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Don't let them draw you into their drama and delusion-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• print any information you can. that is legally harrassment. get a restraining order, and go after his ass. report him and everyone who sends you a nasty message. the police can trace your phone. This is not acceptable behavior. You never know when one of these 'freinds' of his would do something a little more crazy?
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2011