Has anyone lost a family member recently? how did u get through it?

terripocket56

Asked by terripocket56 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• My grandmother passed away recently, its harder especially not seeing her at baby showers and holidays, but I try to think of all the good times we had together and that shes not suffering any longer sorry for your loss
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My father passed away in November. It's difficult sometimes because I was his caregiver and lived right next door. It gets easier with time, just focus on getting through each day and don't worry about the bigger picture. As far as special events, birthdays, holidays, etc. it helps to do something special to include them through memory, lighting a candle, writing a note, etc. Many people also find it helpful to have a special place to think of their loved ones, a small memory garden, etc.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• ¸.·’★¸.·’my father recently passed away a few weeks ago..i still have not totally wrapped my brain around it..we were not close but i have many memories good and bad..i saw him weeks b4 he passed..i think it just takes alot of time and hopefully everything will be okay..
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• One step at a time. Time will make it not hurt so bad, but they'll always be in your heart.
    Remember the good times, and don't be afraid to talk about them and to cry, *hugs*
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 10:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• well my mil in nov and my step mom in june and all you can do is take it one day at a time and realize everyone grieves differently so dont let anyone tell you to get over it or that your going about it wrong do this or do that and do the same for other be gentle to peoples feelings and always validate your own
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Lost my mom. It was sad, but with kids you have to keep moving forward and it helps that she lived a full life.

Best wishes!
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 12:31 AM on Apr. 27, 2011