What was the faith that believed in God called before Christ? Was it Judaism?

I'm sure this sounds like a dumb question, lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• And Jesus was a Jew in case you weren't sure.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I know that, lol. I was just curious. It's not really ever talked about so that's why I asked. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• Yes, and it's not a dumb question. And FYI- out of Judaism came Christianity and Islam. We're "The Three" as Muslims call it- the 3 religions under the same God.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Ooooh, good to know! Thank you!
    Anonymous

• sfwilson: Ummh sorry to disagree with you.. was just having this discussion in one of my groups -
    the god that Muslims (Islam) worships and the God of the bible and Christianity are not the same. If you or anon want additional info and the differences.. let me know.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• God is God is God is God. Whatever you call Him and however you choose to speak to Him, God is God is God.

jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 4:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It depends on what time frame in the Scriptures your looking into. The word Jew was not used until the fall of the ten-tribe kingdom of Israel. Jeremiah was the first to use the name. The kingdom of Judah is where the name started. But anyone including what was called an alien resident could believe in the one true God. Before that it was Hebrew starting with Abraham and Sarah. Before that they were just believers in the one true living God. Anyone could believe in him no matter who they were or where they were from.
    Albr

Answer by Albr at 4:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I agree that God is God is God. Christians worship Christ. I deny Christ so I am not a Christian. But I believe in God.
    Anonymous

• If you worship the one and only God then you must believe in Chrsit they are one if you worship god with out Chrsit it is not the one and only God who created the heavens and the earth the God who sent His only begotten son to take away the sins of the world???? hmm then you are with out God you can not have one with out the other You can not have the old Test. with out the new Test. for Grace came in the image of a man and that man was Jesus.
    Anonymous