Need advice

I am 19.
My period isn't here yet when I usually have a 28-35 day cycle. Are 6 tests that are negative in a course of a month proof I'm not pregnant? I got my period Feburary 1st and the last test I took was on April 11th and it was negative like the other 5 i took before that date.
I went to the doctor and took a urine test and it also said i was not pregnant and he took my blood and my thyroid is fine.
In March I spotted for one day and it was extremely light, and in April I spotted for one day and it was tiny bit darker.
after feburary 1st i was stressed but mid-feb i stopped stressing cause i passed all my midterms
and for four weeks i was working out daily for 30mins-1 hour to prepare for the running i was going to do for a school event
but then i stopped at the end of feburary and begining of march
i was supposed to get it again march 6th but i had like a spot and it was light and then that month is when i took all the pregnancy tests that were negative and then april 20th i had another spot but it was a little bit darker, could that mean its slowly returning?
then april 12th i took a home hpt and the urine test my doctor gave me he thinks i am underweight and thats why it stopped i weigh 97 and i am 5'5" but i dont look scary skinny at all if thats what youre thinking i been this weight my whole life and always had regular periods
i just want to know why did it stop for 7 weeks so far
maybe i am stressing too much that it is not coming

so what is wrong with me is my period going to return soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• you just need to relax (stop stressing on it) and it will return naturaly...
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• When I was your age, my periods were extremely irregular; it was not uncommon for me to go 5 months without a period sometimes. My doctors, who had no clue and tested me for everything under the sun, were more worried than I ever was (my mother was the same way at that age), saying I would end up with endometriosis. I never did.

My periods finally regulated themselves at about 27 years of age. I had my children after that, no intervention required as my docs kept telling me would be required. I am now in my 40's.

As far as weight, I was underweight too (5'7" and 115 lbs.) and still had a period every month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It sounds like the combination of stress along with your low weight has caused your periods to stop. DD is 14 and weighs 77 lb. Her doctors feel that she will need to fill out before she gets her 1st period.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It's normal if your stressed that your period may stop. My daughter gets her's really sporadic too and the doctor said it's cause she's tiny. (she's a size 3) so I wouldn't worry.

mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 10:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You are underweight, that being said, if you don't want to be pregnant, please get on the birth control pill, it might help regulate your cycle better,, 97 lbs is about 20 lbs less than a 5ft 5 inch woman should be,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Call your OBGYN
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• just relax, call you ob!
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 1:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Talk to your Dr.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Ok like I said in my post I went to the doctor! I got a urine test it said negative and he said my thyroid is fine I just wanted some advice from here can yous tell me what yous think... And thank you for those who answered
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i'd say probably a combination of stress and your weight, plus you said somethin about excercising alot then stopping and that can play a role in it as well
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 2:27 AM on Apr. 27, 2011