Building new friendships through CM?

How many of you have made strong friendships here on CM? I know once the babies come it's really hard to expand your social circle, so I'm wondering if there is some potential for real connection with other moms out there...And if you have, has it stayed in the CM world or have you brought your friendship over into 'reality'?

sbenbenek

Asked by sbenbenek at 10:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in About CafeMom

• No way in hell. These women are INSANE. ;)
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:08 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• iv met som pretty cool people on here....sleepycupcake alot of people are insane its not just cafemom people! lol iv never made it reality but if it was right i might it just depends
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have met some great friends here on CM (most of 'em are in 1 of my groups) and we are friends on facebook as well. I have 1 friend from CM that I email, we send cards and talk on the phone. We have not met in real life yet as she lives in another state. So yes, it is possible to find friends here.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I want to meet the person who follows me around to vote my answers down. I'm sure they're just trying to mask their love for me.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i've met some wonderful ladies on CM. some i've taken over to FB, some we chat/text on the telephone daily, a few i've come close to meeting (something has happened to upset the plans both times--death in the family or illness)..but i hope to meet at least 6 of them in the near future.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'm a little glad to hear there is hope :) I'm still fairly new to the site...I signed up quite a while ago but didnt really get on it often until recently...I'm noticing that my old friends just aren't stimulating enough now that we're in different stages of our live (most of them don't have children) and I would really like to grow some solid friendships with other moms.
    sbenbenek

Comment by sbenbenek (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'm friends with a woman that I met here, but it's actually kind of funny, because I was going to meet her in real life as well even if we hadn't met on here. Basically, we're both stationed overseas, and she had posted a message on a board here about the problems they were having getting their son home from college for the holidays. Since my kids are about that age, i was asking her questions about it, and come to find out, we're stationed in the same place. At the time, they had just moved here, and we were talking about getting together once things calmed down (there was a big community wide event going on a lot of groups were involved in) we should get together. Come to find out, she's the mom of my dd's friend, and the girls were wanting us to meet (both families have a "meet the parents of friends" rule). lol - our dd's think it's "weird" that their moms met on the internet LOL (our families are friends now though)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I actually have 3 of the best friends in the world through CM. I just went and visited one of them who I'd been talking to for 3 years everyday and I took my family and we stayed with her and her husband and child for a weekend 2000 miles away and I still love her in person.. I don't have any friends in real life and don't get me wrong, there are some nasty women on here but there are also amazing women too -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• sailorwifenmom, I love that story :) I'm sure your dd's will appreciate it one day when they too are moms and know how hard it truly is to make new friends at this stage of your life!
    sbenbenek

Comment by sbenbenek (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• yea be carefull most women on here just wanna prove something cuz they have no friends and no lives so they will attack you for no reason but im sure there are some down to earth real women in here just gotta trim the fat and see what people are about but from what ive seen so far just nasty evil low class women.
    Jesscuh87

Answer by Jesscuh87 at 4:38 AM on Jun. 3, 2011