I have a 2 1/2 yr. ol,d and he is not th cleaniest child ever...lol so what is the best thing to use to get stains outta the carpet?

martinsmom2008

Asked by martinsmom2008 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I hear baking soda works wonders. You may even consider pouring a little baking soda over it for the foaming action and if you have a little carpet steamer, that works well for sucking it up afterwards. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Depends on what kind of stain it is.

Carpet stains can be completely avoided by keeping food and drinks where they belong, in the kitchen/dining room (and not allowing a toddler to road around the house with a sippy cup!), and taking shoes off at the door.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have a bissel green machine that i use all the time!
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I use spray n wash, just spary it on the stain and let it sit for 5-6 minutes and then I use my bissle little green machine to shampoo it up. It was $100 but I love it!!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If you go to Home Depot or Bed, Bath & Beyond they carry a carpet stain remover product called FOLEX (www.folex.org)! It works so well on most stains we use it with our carpet cleaning business
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• cool thanks eveeryone, and obbydobbie not everyone has the luxurery of having a dining room and a big kitchen!!!
    martinsmom2008

Comment by martinsmom2008 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Iv found Greased Lightning is awesome on every kind of stain on every kind of surface.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• do you have a steam cleaner? I use mine and it gets stains out great. but for smaller fresh stains i keep a spray bollte of vinegar, water and baking soda and squirt the spot and scrub then soak up.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 1:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I just use a steam cleaner! Bakind soda or vinegar and h2o work well also!
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 3:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• dollar tree carry a spray for all kinds of stain and grease which is awesome
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 4:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2011