Toning sneakers... do they really work?

i have started walking about 2-5 miles a day and was wondering if these toning sneakers i hear so much about really work... what do you think? have you tried them? do you have them? do they work?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 10:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've wondered this too. And also, do they take the fat off the legs so that you can SEE the muscle tone? If they do, then I'd like a pair.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Not sure if they work but I want a pair of the reebok easy tones =)

Heres a bump!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If they get you walking, sure. They really don't seem to make a huge difference. That said, I've heard people on both sides of the argument.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• All they did for me was make my calves get charlie horses!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• they say the shoes themselves do nothing- BUT if you think they do and they make you get up and walk then yeah -in that way
    that it's a pshycological thing
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I've heard good and bad depending on the brand. I have a pair of the New Balance ones and love them, but have heard not so great things about the Skechers and Reeboks. I feel mine working when I have them on. It might just depend on the person though.

Answer by missanc at 10:37 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• my neighbor bought a pair and they ended up giving her shin splints!! so i wouldn't reccomend them. The doc said b/c she was already a walker she was "overcompensating" and causing alot of damage to her legs. He said in his opinion they were the worst thing ever invented!! I hope this helps!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i was just thinking about getting a pair because right now all i have is skate shoes which are terrible for walking .... so i want some sneakers and need a good kind
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i went to champs and the guy there really helped me out with a great pair of running shoes that were very affordable. Also i would definitely reccomend doing the sole check (?) that machine that they have at walmart that you stand on and it shows where your putting most of your weight on your foot and recommends a good insole! i did it and i love my new shoes i run for an hour on my treadmill then do a power walk with the kiddies at night and it's like walking on a cloud!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You might go to a walking or running store and have them watch you walk and measure your feet. You can get a good pair that way. I do that for my running shoes. It's not cheap (neither are those shoes, though), but worth every penny when they feel good.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2011