How can I ease my fears?

I am pregnant with my second child...my first child is now 9 years old and its been a long time.The first time around I had the father in my life for 10 years ..I had tons of help,Really in the begening I didnt have to do much.Now its more like Im actually becoming a mother I have fears of not having much help I work full time and I am beat just after a hard days work.How can I do this on my own?Im stressing out big time and am worried of numerous things like...postpartum as bad as I had it the first time....Remembering how to do things again...The weight loss afterwords....being able to keep up ya know finding the energy.How can I calm down before I drive myself insane?Please help..thanks

onelove2kids

Asked by onelove2kids at 10:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hugs

You CAN do this. you just have to stay calm and remember to breath. You are having a baby and that is EXCITING!!! I'm sure you are a great mother. As for energy, make sure you are eating healthy and drinking LOTS of water, that will also help you with the weight loss.

Good Luck =)

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thanks bunches!I Am working hard to conquer this I tell myself each day I can do this I can do this....All the time.But there are always times where you stop and say...are you sure?Any words of wisdom and encouragement helps as well as comments from anyone else who has been or understands this situation.Thanks:)
    onelove2kids

Comment by onelove2kids (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• youre welcome

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My grandmother had twin boys at age 45 back in 1948. She lived on a 300 acre farm, had animals and a garden to care for, she was a school teacher and ran a country store with her husband. Oh, and she cooked three meals a day on an old wood burning oven. When my life gets overwhelming I think of her and what she faced every day on her to do list, it makes me appreciate the fact that I may not have a nanny but at least I have a dishwasher and a microwave. Being a mother already you know that every day won't be easy, but you can absolutely do it, and it will be worth all the sacrifices you make for that new bundle of joy. I really think something in us moms just makes up put one foot in front of the other on the toughest days so we can get thru it. Maybe have some meals in your freezer so you don't have to cook at first, and sleep when the baby sleeps if you can. Watch for signs of depression so you can treat it asap. Be strong!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thank you so much...great advice and great for me to think of how much worse it could be.My finances are not helping at all and im scared the situation is getting worse and worse...But your right I know we moms do what we have to do...in return that means it WILL get done!Thanks:)
    onelove2kids

Comment by onelove2kids (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I know exactly what you mean. I'm a single mom too, work full time and my 1 year old's "father" didn't want to be involved. It's really odd being at this place in my life at such an age. It's nowhere I'd ever have expected to be. But I also have an older son and he is a BIG help to me. I have no idea how we survived the 1st year, but we did. Feel free to message me if you ever need to talk or vent. ((hugs))
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 11:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thanks sounds like we may have some in common.I sent you a friends request...I use my fathers internet so im only on maybe once a week...but hope we can talk soon:
    )
    onelove2kids

Comment by onelove2kids (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2011