My baby girl is going to be 4 in less than 3 weeks! She wants a Tinkerbell party...any ideas for cheap decorations?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Go to the party store or the dollar store.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Do most of the decorations in solid colors that coordinate with a picture of Tinkerbell. Cups, plates, streamers, table cloth should all be solid colors. That will greatly save costs, because the themed plates (etc) are expensive. Especially for the small amount that you get. Then out a Tinkerbell poster on the wall, get a few Tinkerbell themed party favors (from walmart), and maybe even see if they have a Tinkerbell dress up costume at Walmart for her to wear.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would go to the fabric store and buy a big bright pink cloth for my table,, sprinkle glitter on it (fairy dust) I wouldn't spend too much on wall decor and stuff, (kids never notice that stuff). I perhaps would do balloons and buy some fairy wings for every kid who is coming, and peter pan hats for the boys,, I just got wings at walmart of $6 and you can make the peter pan hats out of felt yourself,, happy party!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• at walmart they sell different themes that come with all the decorations. they sell whats most popular right now and tinkerbell is definitely in right now for little girls! my 4 year old loves her.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Mine is too! :) We're going to be having a fairy tea party.

For the tinkerbell party I would go with greens and purples and blues and pinks.....dollar tree has $1 table cloths that are disposable...you could also get some twinkle lights to string...I think those are 1.99 or you could use christmas lights if you want to dig into your boxes! lol You could get a package of multi colored tissue paper and make flowers out of it. Besides that, streamers and balloons and maybe some glitter/confetti for "fairy dust".... :)
    You can make wings out of 99 cent store panty hose and metal hangers if you want to get crazy with stuff lol Then just on the panty hose after you have it stretched over your formed wings, hot glue gun some elastic on them and use regular glue to draw designs and sprinkle with glitter and let them dry.
    You could cut some butterflies out of construction paper and have EVERYWHERE.
    Happy Birthday to your little one!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• This is a sitethat has a homemade fairy theme but you can find some tinkerbell pictures on the internet and print them out and glue them on certain things.

http://childhood101.com/2011/02/a-fairy-birthday-party/
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You can cut different colored wings out of construction paper, use different color yarn pieces and hang them from the ceiling. I did that for my daughters 2nd birthday..we had a minnie/mickey mouse theme and I cut out mickey mouse heads of all colors and hung a ton from the ceiling, it looked really cool, everyone loved it especially my daughter...and it was CHEAP! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree with all these ladies! the Dollar store is the way to go...You'll be able to find tons of fun things to match your theme...my suggestion is look in the toy & craft section as well as the party section. You'll probably be able to find tinkerbell toys (jump ropes, playing cards, coloring books etc.) that you can use as favors or to stuff a homemade pinata (dust off those paper mache skills from elementary school) I tend to go over board with my boys parties, but I never spend too much because I really take the extra time to look and create things...good luck, I hope she (and you) enjoy's her special day!
    sbenbenek

Answer by sbenbenek at 11:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I was going to say the same as JazzlikeMraz. You can get like a Tinkerbell banner or something, but most of the stuff you can get from the dollar store.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 11:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The dollar stor is definitely a good place to start. My daughter had a tinkerbell party wand i was able to find some decent decorations at walmart as well
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 12:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2011