Gas Prices

Are the gas prices an issue for you or no? If so why?

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• $4.11 this morning
    insane about covers it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My husband and I counted up our budget last night and figured if gas goes up another 75 cents, we wont be able to afford to go to work. So yeah I say its a problem
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes, they are. I put $100. a wk in the 4Runner I drive. I do not not go out of town as often as I used to. My husband and I are currently looking to get a new car that is better on gas. But, I know I am not the only one, though.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 11:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Not an issue with our 2 vehicles. I'm a SAHM so I don't do a lot of driving if I don't have to.

However we do own a big truck (semi) and it has 300 gallon tanks, so that does affect our bottom line. Fortunately there's a surcharge, so that helps us some.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• forgot to mention i can no longer afford to work with the prices
    dh and i have major discussion ahead of us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• yeah they are for us too but luckily basically everything except for walmart is right here on post so we dont have that far to go
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• yes. we're already on an extremely tight budget as it is. so tight im only allotted $20/week in gas. im a sahm so i dont go to many places but this allows me to only stay within city limits. if i venture out of town im screwed. $20 only gives me 5 gallons of gas. i need a more gas efficient car!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I had to quit my job because I didnt have very many hours a week and only making $8.00 per hour, so with that, I wasn't making very much at all after paying for gas ( and I work about 20 miles away from home).. So it is actually better (money wise) to stay at home.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Fortunately I just transferred to another office closer to home, so gas prices aren't as much of an issue for me as they could have been. However, dh will be taking the bus/train to work (he basically has been anyway). Sadly, I don't think we'll be going back home to visit our parents this summer. If gas prices go as high as they say the will, we won't be doing much of anything.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Not a big issue as everything I need most of the time is within walking distance though I need the car for groceries and so on . Just trying to economise as best we can
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2011