What can I do to get up enough energy to exercise?

I'm about 5 1/2 wks pregnant, and I literally have morning sickness all day long.

DavaneeKalei

Asked by DavaneeKalei at 11:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You just have to do it. Just doing a few minutes will make you feel better.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You may just have to force it for now. The first trimester is ROUGH. Between morning sickness and just feeling tired all the time, it's hard to get moving. However, getting moving will help you keep your energy up. Even if you just walk a couple of miles, it'll help. Give yourself a break, don't expect too much right now. As long as you're doing SOMETHING, it'll help. Once the morning sickness goes away, you'll have more energy. Just do SOMETHING. Figure out when your energy is highest in the day, and try to be active during that time. hang in there, mama! You can do it!

dumbbell

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thank you. I will try walking...i do find myself feeling slightly better when im active.
    DavaneeKalei

Comment by DavaneeKalei (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Walk when you can but honestly in the first trimester a lot of people are too sick to exercise don't stress about it and just do what you can when you can!!
    SaraR216

Answer by SaraR216 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• yoga is low impact and it's great for you to stretch throughout your pregnancy, start with a very basic beginners tape and i bet you will love it once you get used to the stretches. I would personally stay away form the like "yoga burn" videos and stuff like that. the regular stretching kind will keep you toned and flexible
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 1:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thanx Ethans Ma, I will definitely try Yoga. I have always wanted to...now i have a great reason in doing so.
    DavaneeKalei

Comment by DavaneeKalei (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• I had zero energy during the first trimester - had awful morning sickness until I was about 20 weeks, so I feel your pain. I gave myself a break on working out. I tried to just go once or twice a week. It's actually easier for me now in the third trimester to make it to the gym after work.....mostly because I'm sitting all day long and it feels good to strap on the ipod and walk a mile or two on the treadmill! :-) Good luck, it will get better.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2011