Help me please if you know...

I'm 26 in the state of CO have a 2 year old and i'm prego going through a divorce. If he buys milk or something for my son while he is with me or gives me $ to buy diapers for my son he writes it all down, can he really do anything with that info?? A lawyer told me take whatever he will give me but he is acting sketcky... im not smart with stuff like this so let me know please... thank you

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 11:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• No he's just trying to scare you, and it's working. Don't worry about what he's spending. Go file papers for child support, and then he can budget his money so he can afford to pay to help take care of your child. He's just trying to intimidate you.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It sounds like he's just covering his ass, just in case....I make my husband do the same thing when he buys things for his daughter because his daughter's mother tries to act like he's not doing anything for her and never gives her any money (even though he pays $800 a month in child support) I'm not saying that you would act shady, but it's a good thing for him to do....just in case you know? my step-daughters mother tried to take him to court for MORE child support because she says he isnt paying it...he showed up at court with all the receipts and notes of what he actually has been doing. She was chastised in court and it was awesome lol

He's just covering his ass
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Nothing he gives you can be held against you. He'll still have to pay arrearage once the support order is in place.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 11:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• LOL..if it makes him feel better..let him write all he wants down..ask him if he wants you to write it down for him. It will make no difference.Good Luck to you.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• That doesn't get deducted from his child support. Glad you have an attorney! =) I agree with MrsLeftlane. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Nope not a damn thing!! he can try and the judge is gonna take one look at him and day good for you daddy for supporting your child!! he is trying to scare you. Don't let him. And if you really want to put a stop to it just jot down everything he says on a little notepad!! that outta stop him real quick!! haha!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• He thinks he's being smart but reality will hit him soon.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• ACTUALLY YOU should be documenting every time he gives you money also. I had a friend who had to do this...adivce from her lawyer. Her son's father wasn't good about paying child support so EVERY time he gave $1 she would write it down on a calendar the day he gave it to her. If he ever took you to court it would be good to have that to show whether he's paying CS or not. And if I were you I would get moving on a custody agreement because it sounds like that's what he is preparing for..either himself or thinking you're going to. He wants to look good in front fo the judge.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Ok thank you he is just real obessed with money and doesn't want to pay anything he bought a pizza for our son and I an he like txt all day saying how is the pizza I bought u are u happy I bought that...it's like what the hell dude wow u bought a 49 pizza and have to go off about it all day?!
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree. So what if he buys milk for your son. If he lives with you full time, you're spending more anyway. The only thing he can really do with that info is prove that he's trying to help take care of his kid incase you try to say he's been AWOL. Hope everything works out for you!
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 12:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2011