Family?

Do you ever feel like that your family is never proud of no matter what? I feel like that I can never do anything right and whenever I do something they just look at me like so that is not nothing. Everytime that happens I just wanna scream.....And they expect so much from me and I always disappoint them because to me htey have very high standards in my opinion...What would you do?

shelle21

Asked by shelle21 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I lived like that for years, and wasted a lot of time. I finally got to the point where I told them, if you don't like how I live, then we don't have to have a relationship. Life's too short to try and keep up with everyone else's expectations. Only live up to your own, it's so much easier. Let go, and live your life.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I could have written that myself, pratically word for word! I have to learn to live with it. I have a sister who is an over achiever, makes it that much harder on me. I feel that I am the only sane one in the bunch, too! My in laws have never approved of me. I do not have a fancy 4yr degree, didnt come from money, never had a big to-do job, etc... My husband totally supports and loves me no matter what!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 11:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i use to when i was younger then i realized that the person i need to make proud is myself... i am my own person and i got to a point that my family just need to accept it or not... i have always been the out there child .
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 12:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes then I realized that if they don't like it tought S**t....
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011