Please explain to me how it is unnatural?

The argument has been raised, time and again that god did not create homosexuality. That it goes against natural order.

To those who believe this to be true, I ask...

If satan has created homosexuality as an abomination against god, how is it then, that animals who do not possess immortal souls, who are lower species, are commonly homosexual and bi sexual?

Lastly, are we not mammals?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 11:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Religious Debate

• very good question!!! love to hear people's answers to this one!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• In my opinion: It's only considered unnatural by those who WANT it to be unnatural. Who fear things outside what they are familiar with.

But I'm agnostic. And an apathetic one at that. So I might not be the best one to chime in on the issue.
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 11:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• very true......

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It's a shame I can't vote your question up. So I'll bump it instead.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 11:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Never mind all the species that don't need a male OR female partner and can reproduce all by themselves...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• haha, i was reading some of the comments on the page you provided. i love the "i chose to be gay the day you chose to be straight"!

anyway i agree with you. im christian and i never believed homosexuality was a sin. my god taught to love, not to hate.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes, Obby! It definately occurs in nature.

SOme are going to hate me saying this, but . . .

People often use "God" to hide the homophobia that they, themselves, carry.

I also have found that many have used "God" as a vehicle to hide their homosexuality that they adamantly try to keep in the closet.

Neither of those two uses of "God" are pure.

:)

Tolerance and Peace.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• NP- that is a completely different thread. :) don't think I wasn't tempted.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Haha, blu_canary, I'm Christian and I agree with you! ;)

People only say it's unnatural because they refuse to familiarize themselves with the idea, in terms of educating themselves about it, like we see here, where it occurs naturally in other animals, or other studies that compare the brain shape (etc) in hetero and homosexual males and females, etc, etc.

The willful ignorance is the only thing that allows people to say it is unnatural, because if they allow themselves to consider the evidence, to consider that it might not be, the whole idea of homosexuality as a sin can start to deteriorate, or at least really be challenged. If we can prove that it's just part of who someone is - as Spong says, "part of the very *being*" and "is something to which one awakens, not something one chooses to be", mentioning claims comparing it to left-handedness - if we can prove that, it throws a kink into the "traditional" way of belief..
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2011