How much leakage? adult content

How much is too much?

I am 32.5 weeks pregnant with my third child. I have been having menstrual like cramping for a few days now. Sunday I was in the OB ward being monitored because of the cramping and contractions. My cervix is closed, but very thin. My doctor said that it is normal to have some contractions at this point, and to just try to rest as much as possible. I have had discharge on and off through the pregnancy, all normal stuff. But, today, I have been having a more than usual amount of clear leakage in my undies. It is clear, and does not smell like urine. Normally, I have a dime to penny size wet spot one to two times a day, if even. But now it is half dollar sized or more, and has been there every trip to the bathroom. I have already talked to the nurse today about the cramping, and she said that if there is any unusual vaginal discharge or bleeding, to go into the OB ward. The discharge is not unusual, just the amount. I never experienced this with my other two.

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 11:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• this sounds like your water may have broke i would go the hospital
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• So why don't you go to the OB ward just in case? Better to be safe than sorry
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 11:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Its normal, I used to wear light days pads to help with that issue.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Is it your waters breaking? If the baby's head is quite low down, it will act as a plug, and when your waters break it doesn't gush out, it will trickle. I'd go see a doctor, because when your waters break, your more prone to infection. But obviously I may be wrong!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 11:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It is normal for me to have watery discharge and I am 19 weeks. If it is unusual for you just give your doctor a call. Better to be on the safe side.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't think it's your water. When my water broke it was like a gallon jug gushing out. Not a polite little half dollar in my undies. But it could be your mucus plug. I would go to the OB. Something has changed. And the menstrual cramping could be labor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I just googled it...it needs to be checked out. I guess I need to talk to my OB as well. Good luck mama!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thanks Amber! I have brought up the small amounts of clear discharge to my OB, and he said that that is normal. But this is much more than I am used to!
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I am very surprised that you are not on medical bed rest. I am 35 wks 4 days and last week I had a cervical u/s to make sure I wasn't progressing. My dr told me that if I was he would put me on medical bed rest (in ob) because it is unsafe to deliver right now. Lucky for me and baby I wasn't.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Christy - I am surprised I am not on bedrest either. I am still working over 40 hours a week... D:
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011