What is the best & least expensive place to get my own dot com?

I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I want my own dot com.

Also, do I just have to pay for the web hosting for the dot com or other fee's as well?

Thanks!

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Technology

• You can pick what you wish, they will push you but not really necessary. https://www.siteground.com  They are a UK hotsting site and I have been with them 3 years now. So far things are good.

sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You can build a free website at webs.com. Their free sites start out as yoururl.webs.com If you wanted to upgrade the site to drop the webs.com from the site so it's yoururl.com then it's will cost you at least $100 per 12 months.

I have a friend that build a site using SBI. She pays them $300 a year for the site, but has made money off of it. The first year she broke even (meaning she got her $300 back). She's hoping this year she'll actually have a profit.

I'm the "webmaster" for a website for a homeschool group that I created. We use webs.com. Our site is Illinois Homeschoolers for Open Peaceful Education. Webs.com is not that hard to use.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I actually already have a site for my fundraiser through webs.comand thought of using them for this.... but I worry that they may not be reliable. I have had "outages" since starting my free fundraising page. :(
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I use ipage for mine. I don't remember the exact amount, but it was only around $50 for a year. That got me the hosting and my domain name. I really love that they are 100% wind energy powered. They have unlimited disk space, bandwidth and email, and give you yahoo, facebook, and google adwords credits for advertising your site.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• You can get best & least expensive dot com from the online provider TuckTail.com.

freekymom

Answer by freekymom at 5:29 AM on Feb. 6, 2014