Menstration Extraction? adult content

First, I am not pregnant, I am not looking for a form of "self help" abortion. I'm trying to find addition information about Menstruation extraction for periods.

First, my periods are heavy, to the point that I cannot leave the house for several days. My husband has often had to miss work to help with the kids because I bleed so much. I have been on several forms of bc for management, only to find that with each one it did not help, and I had horrible reactions to it. After my last baby I begged the doctor to do a hysterectomy, only to be told no, "heavy periods are not life threatening" .

I'm tiered of my periods controlling my life. I have missed family events, children activities, and life in general. I've resorted to staying home till the bleeding gets better because in the past I have had issues with gushing blood and its too embarrassing in public to have to deal with that.

I've been looking for options, I stumbled across menstruation extraction, and while it has in the past been used for abortions, its also been used by woman to shorten or control heavy periods.

Does anyone have any additional information that I can find? Or perhaps know how to contact a group that still does these? I did ask my OB about it and he just laughed and shook his head..... what I wouldn't give for that bastard to have just one period.... men should not practice as OB's IMO...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Health

• A d&c? You couldn't get that done every month!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Look into an Endometrial Ablation. Nova Sure is one of the brand names of the procedure. Can be done in office. Had a friend that had it done for the same reasons as you and LOVES it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have never heard of this. Have you tried the diva cup?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• There are many ways to slow down a heavy flow. One is the BC pill, there is also a shot. Ask your doc. There are things that can be done
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have the same issue as you and have never heard of this. I just looked it up and read a bit about and, for awful as it is to deal with my extreme bleeding every month (it dominates my life, absolutely cannot leave the bathroom, let alone the house during those days), I'm not sure I would go that route.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Zakysmommy, the pill is not the answer. I suffer from this and so does my sister WHO IS ON THE PILL.

And our doctors have offered no help other than to be on the pill. They are clueless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Butterflyflue19, its not a d&c, and I wouldn't do it every month, just on the times that I may miss a big occasion. Like Easter, I missed most of the Easter activities this year.... it was our youngest first egg hunt too... broke my heart. Missed our family christmas one year as well.

Twinsplus2more, thank you I will look into it!!

mompam, I did try the diva cup and I was having to change it almost every 30 min. if I waited longer then I would start leaking everywhere.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I second asking about ablation.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The only place I've ever read about menstruation extraction was in "Our Bodies, Ourselves" by the Boston Women's Health Book Collective. They characterized it as a technique used in "advanced women's groups." I am at a loss as to tell you exactly how to find an "advanced women's group," but planned parenthood might be able to give you some advice. Our Bodies, Ourselves has a website now that may have more information for you..
    http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'm sorry I would be looking for a new ob. Not all male ob/gyn's are clueless.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 12:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011