Becoming a dental hygientist?

I want to go back to school to become a dental hyg. My husband is in the army and im a sahm so online classes would be perfect for me. Does anyone know of any online schools that are for this field? I saw that theres the 2 year & 4 year program, i dont mind doing the 4 year to get the better degree. So any advice about this field or colleges would be greatly appreciated, thanks ladies have a Blessed Day :)

mdhart03

Asked by mdhart03 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in

• I don't think u can do that online,it is hands on classroom.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i was a registered dental assistant for over 27 years and i have never herd of any online school for dental hyg,or assistant for that matter.Some dental offices are offering classes to get certified for assisting in only a few months,but it is a hand s on situation.Online you cannot work on live patients.You have to have a very gentle touch for this field.My doc always told me you must treat each patient as if they were very delicate glass.It was hard at first but i found i was requested a lot by patients for my gentleness.Good luck
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2011