Should i forgive and forget?

Ok if u all read my bad Easter post u will know what i am talking about. Otherwise if not, here is sum of it.
My husband and I on Easter morning got into a fight over an MP3 player thats batteries were dieing. I told my husband lets do the Easter baskets first. He proceeded to go in the computer lab in desperate need to find this Pin or something small to poke the MP3 player. I was in the kitchen making our 7month old his bottle, and i found a pen, i said here try using a pen. he said NO a pen is too big, as he was saying i underhand threw it and it nicked his head, didn't leave a mark or anything. He got ticked at me, picked up the pen called me the B word and threw the pen hard and out of anger. The pen hit my leg, causing a pen hole and big brusie. This is the first time too. later i said i am going up to feed our baby and he said fine don't help me, feed the little F-er.
And now he is saying are u ever going to let it go. i said i don't think so nor will i ever. He feels bad, and now realizes how bad he hurt my leg. He said he didn't think a pen would do that much damage.
Do u ladies think i should forgive him and forget it happened

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Let it go.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• no make him suffer because he should have never throw it that hard and never should have called your child a f-er
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well that shall go on the records for the most stupid fight. I would be more pissed about what he called his son, and have him take anger management, both of you for that matter.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Sounds like a heat of the moment kind of thing.If he truly regrets and is truly sorry..I'd forgive and forget. Has he forgiven you for hitting him in the head with the pen? lol..I think that wouldve ticked me off too and I probably wouldve thrown it right back at my dh if he did that to me..I can see the whole scenario play out in my head.Yeah, I'd end up forgiving him..with lots of kisses on my boo-boo,lol.
    But the calling of the kid "little F-er"...that one..would be a little more tough. But if your going to move forward and get away from this argument your going to have to fogive and forget ...let it go. If your not willing to get a divorce over it..let it go.
    Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Since this was one incodent, I would leave it in the past. If anything like this happens again then I would go from there. Yesterday is gone and we tend to try and change or ride "things" which aren't the core problems. Analyze your relationship and see if this is misrepesenting something else whcih needs to be dealt with. Good luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Oh wow.. I think I would be mad at the selfishness of NEEDING That pen/pin but worse that he called your son a little F-er... being angry is one thing but to lose your temper ( which does happen) in front of your child and then name call a baby might show me signs of a charateristic I would be upset about.. My DH is the same in the fact if something is bothering him NOW, he can't wait til later to fix it or he can't enjoy the moment but as a parent you have to let that go sometimes. IDk.. it would be hard for me to let it go unless he was overly apologetic about how he reacted.. not asking "when are you going to let this go" GL mama
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It seems that he is genuinely sorry....however, there seems to be an underlying issue. Getting so mad that he throws an object at his wife out of anger is NOT okay. Furthermore, to refer to his child as "the little F***er" is NOT okay. He needs to seriously reevaluate his priorities and ask himself why he is so angry. If you do choose to forgive him, great.... but I wouldnt just up and forget. Keep an eye out for behavioral patterns to protect yourself and your children. Domestic violence is wrong in all forms.
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 12:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I am bothered my him calling your baby a f@*ker.
    Anonymous

• by
    Anonymous

• Oh yea, you should let it go. He knows you are upset, and he is sorry. No use in hanging onto anger for something so trivial when you compare it to other things. GL :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011