Is this normal?

my baby is 4 months now and she started cooing (baby talk) however ive noticed for a couple weeks that she hasnt anymore . it seems she just stopped. is that normal or is there something wrong

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its normal...she'll start up again, don't worry mama. I think they get bored with one talent and move on to the next.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Nah, she's probably just concentrating on learning something else. It's very commom for babies to put things they've already learned on the back burner. She hasn't forgotten, it'll come back.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• absolutely normal...it will keep happening too...they learn something, pull it out as often as they can...get bored and forget about it for awhile. My son is 2 1/2 now and when he learns a new phrase, it ALL HE SAYS for weeks, but eventually it stops and when I realize I miss the cuteness of it, he usually refuses to say it again...don't worry, the cooing will come back, soon enough it will be words...then you'll wake up one day and wonder why you ever taught them to talk...lol
    sbenbenek

Answer by sbenbenek at 12:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2011