Excuse Me?

My 3 year old has started talking back to me. Yesterday i told her to wait for a cup of water and she puts her hands on her hips and says " I want to talk to you!" I go over to her and she stamps her feet and says " Im angry!" does anyone know a good excorcist?

Jaliceawrites

Asked by Jaliceawrites at 12:11 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL...she's being a little mama :)
    My daughter imitates me so well sometimes..I have to laugh.
    I try to watch myself in front of her..she's a reminder that I should be nicer sometimes,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• wow you got your hands full!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• omg..that made me laugh - I have a sassy 3-1/2 year old boy.. granted sleepycupcake is right.. he gets it mostly from me - I will admit that I am learning in this parenting process so sometimes I "growl" or get back what I say to him ....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'd rather my child stomp and express her feelings than go into a full on tantrum. It's not easy, but in the long run you will happier that she can express her feelings. and that you give her a place where she feels comfortable to do so.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i would say since you're so angry i'll give you a 3 min. time out to calm down and think of an apology for me. then i would do that and if she still has the attitude after the time out i would send her to bed until she remembers how to be nice again. i am strict, but it does work.....my kids are good the majority of the time.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I encourage my DD to tell me rather than pitch a fit or cry (now as for stomping her foot, I would expect an apology) otherwise, I'd tell her that it's ok to be angry, everyone gets that way sometimes, but I'm the Mommy and I have to decide what's best.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think my response came across bitchier than I intended. I just meant that she probably heard it somewhere & was mimicking.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 1:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• omg. lol. Does she watch Nihao Kai-lan? My nephew does this all the time and he learned it from Rintu the tiger. They're trying to teach kids how to identify their feeling by saying them out loud so they can work through it or someone can help them work through it. At least she talked to you about it instead of flipping out and screaming "I want it, I want it, I want it!"
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• my 2 yr old does the same...the other day he tried to put ME on time out because I made him angry :) just hold your ground! and remember to keep a sense of humor about it (when she's not looking of course) I like to keep a notebook of all of the silly & crazy things my boys do and say so that someday I can show them EXACTLY what they put me through and what they can expect from their own...also its hilarious reading on a day when you need a smile!
    sbenbenek

Answer by sbenbenek at 12:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes! she does wathc ni hao kailan so im sure some of it comes from there but i know i also need to work on my own grumpiness... ill get there lol
    Jaliceawrites

Comment by Jaliceawrites (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011