How long after IUD can you get pregnant?

I've had mines out a while. I take prenatal vitamins. I don't know what else to do.

MyPassionDiva

Asked by MyPassionDiva at 12:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You should wait about 6 months after stopping any type of birth control. The hormones need to be completely out of your system. Try taking folic acid and chart your cycle. They say sex 3 days before, 1 day before and 1 day after ovulation will increase your chances. Also - Don't drink, smoke cigarettes or pot since they all reduce your chances. See if your man will eat oysters (it is supposed to increase his sperm count). Hope that helps! Good luck :-)
    Vol.Mom.In.FL

Answer by Vol.Mom.In.FL at 2:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• thanks your suggestions sound good... I don't do majority of these things but thanks
    MyPassionDiva

Comment by MyPassionDiva (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think it may depend on the brand/type you had inserted. I'd call the OB/GYN office and get the accurate time frame
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• what type of IUD did you have?
    steph_twins

Answer by steph_twins at 10:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011