Chihuahua that lifts its leg EVERYWHERE!

My mom got a little chihuahua puppy and I keep catching it lift its leg and spray a little bit of pee like everywhere, on the walls, on the side of the couches, just EVERYWHERE. He is already nuetered. How can I stop this???
I have a 7 month old son and this is just absolutely gross. My son cant crawl on this floor. Half of the time I cant even see it on the floor bc our floors are hardwood. My mom is obsessed with the dog so whenever I put it in the cage she takes it out.

MandyAshley

Asked by MandyAshley at 2:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pets

• Keep a spray bottle handy. You have to watch him as much and as closely as you watch your baby. The minute he stops to smell the item spray him. He'll start to connect the leg lifting with getting sprayed, and he'll stop. As with anything, it takes consistency to take effect.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Hi - I do understand your concern! You will need to buy a male wrap for this chi - potty him and then put the wrap on - You can put a femal maxi or mini pad insider the wrap : here is a link so you know what I am getting at:

Good Luck

http://saltlakecity.kijiji.com/c-Pets-Accessories-POCO-POTTY-BANDS-Male-dog-diap...

BEST wishes ....I hope this helps..

Marie Peppers

JOIN my yahoo group:

HOW to save money on your VET bills:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/savemoneyonvetbills/

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 3:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Something that I found that gets the smell out is oxi clean and works great on carpet.. I just recently discovered our two neutered male dogs started spraying in the house for no reason. Also nuvetmarie thanks for the thought of the male wraps. I never thought about that, but will be buying some.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• it's marking it's territory. although i can't tell you how to fix it.just put the dog out and leave it there. i don't like male dogs cause they do that and hump all the time. although our dog jack was great and never did either one of those.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008