Why dont ppl respond?

To my posts? i seriouslly get like 1 or replies always. ughhh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Perhaps it is how they are written or the actual questions they are asking. I would have to know who you were and what questions you were asking to give a definitive answer.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree... could be the way you ask the questions, or the length. I know I've often avoided answering questions because they're too long or the grammar makes no sense.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't usually respond to anonymous questions unless it's really juicy like, "How do I tell mu DH I'm a lesbian?"
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 12:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Sometimes if it's a question that has been asked a thousand times ei:could I be pregnant, I just skip right over them. So maybe you need a schnazzier title to reel people in. You can always use the search engine at the top of the page to see if your question has been asked and answered before. Sorry you're not getting the answers you're looking for.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Depends on what you're asking, too. A lot of unanswered questions are looking for info on a specific brand of a specific product, or info on something in a specific town that 99% of the people on the site won't even have heard of. At the other extreme, some questions have been asked so many times, people don't bother. Use the search function under the "New & Interesting" tab to see if there are already duplicate questions on the same subject.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I always try to answer questions if I know the answer. Sometimes I have a question, but their aren't many that know the answer. That could be the issue too.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If you use an eye catching headline or a funny wording ppl usually respond faster
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 12:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I usually don't answer questions if they are super long and not divided into paragraphs...snobby of me I know but it's harder to read when it's just this long mass of text...if I see a long post with no paragraphs I scoot on out of there lol....without knowing who you are or seeing any of your previous posts it's hard to give you any constructive critism as to why people arent answering you though.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i think it depends what section they are in. I try to put most of mine in "just for fun"even if its not. if its in "political and current events", "pregnancy" or even a child question in the "toddler" or "babies" section, i'm most likely not to click into it no matter what its titled.

Don't feel bad, if its not a drama post or a question asking about them, you don't get many responses. try to re-word it and ask what would they do.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well now that you have our attention edit your question here see what kind of response you get then, or see if there is a group focused on your certain question good luck momma stay blessed and be well

timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 12:48 PM on Apr. 26, 2011