Have you ever thought you knew someone to find out that you really don't?

I've been with my hubby 5ish years, married 2 1/2 years. He's always making rude comments or doing things that I think are just rude and immature. Sometimes I get after him and other times I just let it go. But do you ever just look at your husband and think who the heck are you? He changed so much when we got married, I think the adventure of the chase was over and he didn't have to work at the relationship anymore. Sex, doing things together, anything is pretty much out the window most of the time. He bitches about my family & family things..it's just getting to the point where I don't know him and I'm starting to think he just isn't the right person for me. What would you do? I've tried talking to him, and he never listens and doesn't take me seriously. He has a temper so sometimes I'm just to afraid to bring much up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I went through that years ago with my ex... That's one of the many reasons he's my ex..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would not stay in any relationship that did not make me happy. I know many will say what about til death do you part, committement, blah blah blah. I will not live my life in a unhappy relationship, I just wouldn't.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My roommate... we dated briefly last year (before we were really friends) and I thought I knew who he was. Well, a few months into the relationship, he decided he really didn't love me as much as he thought... so he changed his mind about being with me and dumped me. We got back together a month later, and then after a week or two, he convieniently "forgot" he'd asked me to be his girlfriend again.
    The guy's my best friend now... but my god does he change his mind often. People always say "Why don't you two just get back together?" because we're so comfortable around each other... but now that I know what I know, there's no way.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Oh yeah when my ex cheated on me I thought who the hell ARE you. But he is now my ex.

Answer by gemgem at 12:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think it is time to reexamine your relationship. Maybe counseling would help, if you DH cooperates. I hope you are able to find a way to work things out. If not, then you may want to move on.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011