Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those that have kids in college and get financial aid.

Just wondering what happens if 2 parents are divorced, and they have children in college. The kids live with the mom, and the kids are filing for Financial Aid. Would the father's income also be considered. They live with their mom solely, and she claims them on her taxes. Would they receive Financial Aid??


Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • find FAFSA on line and read through the exact instructions. I can't remember if it is or what, but I'm sure you will find it.

    Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:27 AM on Apr. 28, 2011

  • Unless its some crazy situation where the father is wealthy, they just use the primary residence parent's information.

    Answer by gramsmom at 12:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2011