Just a little fun fact for us white folks......

Did you know that white people are twice as likely to believe that Elvis is still alive than to believe that racism is still an issue?

I think we all need to come back to reality and realize the suffering of our fellow Americans.

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• There are two sides to that street..."White folks" don't carry the only race card racism.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• can of worms

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I believe racism does occur, but that is also includes racism against white peple. Im just going to leave it at that, no sense in kicking a dead horse on this one.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 12:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't understand, is it supposed to be white people suffering because of their ignorance or who exactly suffering?
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 12:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• HEY! I believe Elvis is still alive..and its not just cuz I'm white..its cuz i saw him shopping at Walmart!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Then I guess I am only half as likely since I am only half white lol. Seriously, I have dealt with racism and know its alive and well, and always will be. However I have never allowed it to cripple me or define me.

Answer by gemgem at 12:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Anonymous

• There are two sides to that street..."White folks" don't carry the only race card racism. I agree. Every race has peoplethat are still racist. Not JUST white people. eye rolling

CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The only reason I'm saying "white people" is because that is who this survey was conducted on and if racism was an issue for white folks then why didn't they believe it's an issue. And by suffering I mean that they aren't given the life chances that others are given. It may not be death or starvation but to me it is an example or suffering.
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't know if I should answer this since I'm not white {wink} but I live in a mostly white town and let me tell you....the people I've come across get more riled up about racism then I do! lol

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011