• In the Spotlight:

OK 21ST BDAY QUESTION

I AM 8 1/2 MONTHS ALONG. MY BABY IS DUE ON MY 21ST BDAY WHICH IS IN JANUARY.
I JUST WANT A CELEBRATION NOT A GET DRUNK AND WILD PARTY. I DONT PLAN ON DRINKING WHETHER I AM PREGNANT STILL OR NOT BECAUSE I DO PLAN TO BREASTFEED.
I JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE HAS BEEN IN THE SAME SITUATION. OR WHAT OTHERS ADVICE WAS.....NOT LOOKING FOR AN ATTACK ON MY MORALS...
THANKS!

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 2:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would plan the part like honestly 4 weeks after your due date only because you probably will be tired and stuff.

and you can have a few drinks i think its like one for every hour before you breastfeed? idk if that makes sense oyu can google it, but you can always pump and dump it out as well to get rid of it. or you can just have a non alcoholic drink

i just wouldnt get shit faced lol :)
    have fun though and happy early bday girl!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• you can have non-alcholic beer...or you can have just one drink. i was breastfeeding and i had one drink. you can pump and dump, if that makes you feel better.
    Anonymous

• I was kinda wondering about drinking the other day so I googled "drinking and breastfeeding" it will give you some awesome info.
    Anonymous

• Go ahead and plan for some fun, just make sure everyone knows that you might have to cancel. :)

As for the drinking, did you drink before you were pregnant? I hate the whole "Gotta drink on my 21st!" thing, since most people do it beforehand anyway (I didn't, so it meant a little more for me, but I didn't feel the need to get sloshed!).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Ok, I saw that thing that was just brought up and I want to point out one thing: there is no magic number for when alcohol is clear from the system (or breastmilk). Everyone metabolizes alcohol differently. Just like one person can have four beers and still be legal on the BAL but another can have two and fail, breastmilk is the same way!

Check out the Baby Buzz, there's a product there that measures the amount of alcohol in your mikl and tell you whether or not it's ok.

Or like the other poster said, just get a non-alcoholic drink!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:09 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• oh . lol maybe just an old wives tale then to be able to drink idk.. lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• OMG!!!

WHO CARES...THIS DONT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH A PREGNANCY POST,

GET A LIFE, SERIOUSLY GROW UP,
    Anonymous

• anonymous, if you dont like someones question close your eyes and skip the question.

its a public forum, its not like she is taking up "space" or anything.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Of course it has to do with pregnancy! She'll be PREGNANT at the time.

Arg, I really hate that there's the opportunity to be anonymous on here!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:19 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• She could still be pregnant on her 21st, so yeah it's a pregancy Q. Ugh...some people...

Anyways, i really don't have any other ideas for your bday. If your pregnant, you could still have a glass or two of wine. If you have your baby, you really dont want to mess up your milk supply by supplementing so you can celebrate or cause "nipple confusion" in the first 4 wks. From what research I've done, everywhere says, if you're safe enough to get behind a wheel, you're safe enough to breastfeed. So the cheaper way (other than buying the breast-milk alcohol content strips) you could get those at-home breathalizers. If you pass you should still be able to feed. No need to pump and dump.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2008