Do any of you who live by the Bible?

Ever research the homosexual lifestyle and scientific findings why they are this way?Do any of you ever educate yourselves on the subject?

Asked by older at 12:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I do. :)

Not as often as I should, though, probably, lol

And it doesn't conflict with my faith at all, since I don't believe homosexuality to be a "bad" thing. I understand those passages differently (as well most of the rest of the Bible, I guess, going off of the way I believe so differently than most Christians on certain issues, lol)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• This thought came to mind... but doesnt really answer your question... but asks another one...

If these people who think gays are SO bad because the bible says so... and they "live by the word". Why are they not living by ALL the words? What about being dirty when they have their periods??? What about eating... are they keeping true to the biblical laws on food???

How do they justify picking and choosing which "words" to follow???? And why the easy ones like hating someone vs. the harder ones like changing the conveinces of life???
    Anonymous

• "you would think that the ones that carry compassion would be a lot easier ......"
    There is an old saying, I think Jewish, but I can't remember, and I can't remember exactly how it's stated, but it implies that you can't go wrong with interpretations that are based on love and compassion...
    The way I see it, I would rather God see that I'm trying TOO hard to love my neighbor than realize that I'm not trying hard enough. If I err, I would rather err on the side of love....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• What is the homosexual lifestyle. Do you live the heterosexual lifestyle? Do you wake up and choose which sex you are going to prefer for the day? Homosexuality is a state of being, not a choice. That phrase is stupid
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I do not believe that gay rights should be something we vote on- I don't think anyone has the "right" to vote for or against the civil rights of others- correct me if I am wrong (please) but I don't think freeing the slaves, womens suffrage or the civil rights act were ballot referendums-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• No, can't say that I have. As far as gay rights are concerned though, I'm for them. That's a civil matter, not a religious one.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 3:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• ^^what she said (soyousay)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• BTW- I am confused on how the POTUS can send our troops to war but can not extend civil rights to all- how did we get to this point- how is that not possible-?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• He DOES NOT love the sin of homosexuality!

Actually, I do not believe He thinks homosexuality is a sin- but that aside- our laws are not based on sin- they are based on protection and viability of our country- how do gays marrying make the US unviable or threaten our security?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Religiously speaking, I hate the sin, not the sinner. We are all children of God. And *I* believe acting on homosexuality is against what God wants us to be doing. With that said, I have homosexual friends that do and don't act upon those feelings and desires.
    Whether they were born that way, or it is a learned choice my feelings stand the same on the issue. Hate the sin, not the sinner. It's between them and God.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 1:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011