Advice, i took a PT last week cause all the signs pointed to preggers

BUT it came out negitive :( so today is my due date for my period to start. I keep thinking everytime i go to the bathroom its going to be there (sorry if this is tmi) but its not should i take another test or wait a few days ?

JPatton

Asked by JPatton at 1:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Well if your period is only due today your typical urine test would not have detected it that early if you took it a week ago....even the early prediction ones may have just been too soon to tell. Wait and see if you do miss your period today and then test in the morning with FMU!

Good Luck
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i would wait til tomm morning and use first morning pee..you never know you just might get ur bfp!!!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Wait a few more days.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Typically, you shouldn't take a test until the first morning after your period is a week late.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If it were me...I would be testing every day until I got a positive or a period. Testing early could have just led to a false negative because your hormones weren't high enough to register. I am terribly impatient though. I could never wait a FULL WEEK after I missed a period. I would be in the funny farm by then. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Try testing again. You might not have had enough HCG built up in your system last week. You cannot rush nature as much as we like to try. The placenta needs time to start functioning properly. Testing too soon will always render a false negative. You should always wait until your cycle is late before you even consider testing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• The other posters are right! You just have to wait! I know its difficult, but testing too early is just throwing money out the window!
    AustinsMommyMI

Answer by AustinsMommyMI at 5:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thanks so much for all the help ladies ! Still no period as of yet today I'm hoping it never comes and I have a little bun in the oven. Its going to be my husbands birthday in 3 weeks and I would love for that to be one of his presents :) so I'm praying this is our
    month xoxox to you all and good luck :)
    JPatton

Comment by JPatton (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree with the posting about testing daily. It's an INVESTMENT, lol.... every 1st morning pee til there's a baby or a period
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:10 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Thanks so much for all the advice, i love cafe mom :) just stumbled across it and it has been this best thing :)
    JPatton

Comment by JPatton (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Apr. 26, 2011