Is it wrong of me to want my daughter to....

Play hockey?

The opinions won't change my mind in any way I'm just curious.

She's a very active little girl and honestly she already loves to watch it, so why not play?
She also does dance and she's tried almost every other sport that she can being that she's only 4 1/2. Right now she in Soccer, Softball and Dance. She can't pay attention enough for softball and her favorites are soccer and dance. I think she would love playing Hockey.

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nope
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Sure...I don't see why ANYONE would have a problem with that...why do you think people would think it was wrong??? lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Hockey is a good sport... she is free to do whatever sport she likes....let her try it out and see how it goes....my daughter was an only girl on a baseball team she wanted to quit at first because of this but she continued because she liked it and they ended up winning the championship. So good luck to you and your daughter.
    MyPassionDiva

Answer by MyPassionDiva at 1:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Field hocky is a great sport for girls. They have girl teams and all. Don't see why anyone would have an issue with it.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I just imagined people would think I was setting her up for discrimination, but I think it will make her stronger.
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Why would anything be wrong with it? As long as SHE wants to, then I say go for it -- My only comment on it may be to encourage you to not get involved in too many things because it can be overwhelming. My 4 year-old DD plays soccer and is in gymnastics. She also starts swimming lessons in a couple of weeks. She also wants to try dance. Because she starts pre-k in the fall though, we will scale back the extra-curricular to two of her favorite things beginnning in the fall.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Absolutely! Don't worry about what other people think. If she likes the sport and it is available to girls, do it. As long as she is doing good in school, why not let her do something she wants.
    shannon979

Answer by shannon979 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree with BaileysMom...if SHE wants to, I would support her fully. Mine is in gymnastics, soccer, and tee ball and loves it. As long as she shows an interest, I would support almost any activity she wanted to pursue. I think it is important for kids to stay active and learn to work as members of teams.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• As long as you do not spred her to thin in the activity department. and overwhelm her.

Answer by louise2 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think she may be a little young for the sport. But maybe in a few years. As long as it is something she is interested in.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011