how old is your baby and what are his/her accomplishments so far?

my son is 7 month old, will stand on his own for a minute but hes wobbly in the hips. he wont crawl so he isnt pulling himself up either. he can stand holding onto things. he says dada, hi, hey and mama. he picks food up with his pointer. the doctor says hes developing at a 9 month old rate but im worried he might be behind in some things. how can i get him to start pulling up?

lululovexox

Asked by lululovexox at 2:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd is 9 1/2 months She has been
    sitting up sense 5 m.
    Crawling and saying momma and Dada sense 6m.
    standing and waving bye-bye on her own sense 7m.
    started "trying" to walk and learned to clap, using pincher fingers to eat sense 8m.
    and now at at 9m walking pretty good, saying bye-bye, hey, stop, no, nana and Dances
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• my daughter is 11m and just now started to pull up she started to crawl at 10m she can walk if you hold her hands. she is also wobbly when she stands. she can feed herself as long as it is finger foods. she drinks from a sippy cup no more bottles. she says mama, dada, buba, bye, and she can wave bye-bye.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 3:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Andrew is almost 7 months, as you know :). Been saying dada for a few weeks, mama a little bit after that. Just started saying baba (for bottle) a few days ago.
    He's been crawling since 5 months, and now pulling himself up/walking along the couch. Trying to clap, loves to "Dance". He uses the pointer fingers and feeds himself most everything that he eats.

I think Joshy is perfectly fine!
    maybaby08

Answer by maybaby08 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I don't need to tell you NOT to compare your baby to others because we ALL DO IT! :) That being said.....Grant (7 months on the 6th) is sitting up, army crawling, rocking on all 4s. Has pulled to standing just once that i saw. Can go from tummy to sitting up by himself. He has 6 teeth.

He refuses the bottle, the binky and all table food/baby food. What is up with this kid?

bam920

Answer by bam920 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yay for everyones babies!! My son is 9 1/2 months old and he has 4 teeth. He can crawl, pull himself up, say mama, dada, wave, he is gaining more memory, he is a climber, and he started walking two weeks ago.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 4:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I'm worried about my son too. He is 8 months old, only says Mama and does it a lot, he sits up pretty good then lays down, and he'll hold his botttle for a few times then lay it down. He doesn't crawl yet and sometimes with help from me and his daddy he'll stand on us or with sock on and do it on the floor. He hardly sleeps all night too. He goes to sleep for a few hours then wakes up and mostly he'll be wide awake, but when he is real tired he'll sleep a long time without waking up. He claps very good and waves sometimes. He'll smile big when people talk to him for a little while. He also babble a lot and has a "dddddd" sound going on. I get scared he's being behind in a few elements of life because he doesn't do what most babies have done at his age. I may just be worrying to much. Good luck with everyone.
    lovebnmommy310

Answer by lovebnmommy310 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I was kinda worried with my son 2. He didn't even start rolling over til he was 7mos. Altho from there, he started growing rapidly; standin @ 8mos, crawlin @ 10, walkin @ 13 and his vocab jus keeps expandin.
    What I would do 2 ecourage pulling up on his own is placinn a toy jus out of reach on the coffee table or the couch etc. I used 2 stand my son up in his crib and place his hands on top of the crib. I kept a close eye on him n sometimes he would fall but hes always been good @ falling back on his butt. That seemed 2 help a lot. b4 u know it, he would get me up in the mornins n Id find him standin in his crib on his own. From there it went 2 pullin himself up and cruisin along the couch!
    Dont worry. All babies progress @ their own pace n Im sure ur son is doin jus fine. As far as the pullin up, definitely try the crib thing. It definitely worked 4 me. Let me kno how it goes 4 ya! Good luck!
    SamsMa07

Answer by SamsMa07 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2008