Did you induce labor at home? If so what methods did you use?

Im 36weeks and I want the baby to be out already it seems forever for baby to come out lol

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 1:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Everything you read and everyone you talk to will say walking and sex. neither have worked for me at this point and i have been having a lot of irregular contractions. Other than those two I wouldn't really try anything like the herbs and stuff. Although I do hear some massages have the power to relax you into labor lol idk if that's true but i sure would love to try! :)
    P.S. don't give into the castor oil. it will more than likely just keep you in the bathroom with the runs and think if you DID so happen to go into labor would you want the runs at the hospital?? not me!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 2:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Walking and or scrubbing the floors on your hands and knees seems to help. Whatever you do, DO NOT take caster oil as it is TOXIC to you AND the baby. There is absolutely NO medical proof it induces labor and could kill your baby.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I'm almost 33 weeks and I want SO badly to have this baby already lol....but the best thing for you (and me) to do is just wait for the baby to be ready....I wouldnt start thinking about inducing anything until you go over your due date.

Good luck mama....I know your ready, me too lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Whoever voted vbruno down hasn't considered that what gives the mom the runs gives the baby the runs. Passing meconium in utero is serious and something every doctor will want to avoid. Do not take caster oil or anything else that is a laxative (fiber is fine and your body works with it but no purging!).

Best advice is what my midwives told me - sex. What gets the in there is the best thing to get the baby out. Semen is great for softening the cervix and the act releases oxytocin which your body needs for contractions. Just remember to go slow.

But in all reality if the baby isn't ready. nothing is going to work. Just wait, mama, soon you will have your hands fuller than you ever imagined! :)
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Plus- cervadil- the drug they insert to ripen and soften the cervix is derived from cow semen. I would rather use my SO's thank you :)
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Just enjoy the time you have before the baby arrives. There is NOTHING safe you can do to "induce" yourself. Keep busy and be patient. Good things are worth waiting for. We have all felt that way at this point in pregnancy. Every day your baby stays in the womb is that much better for them. You are almost there, get a massage, get your hair and nails done, enjoy what you can , prepare meals to freeze so you can throw them in the oven for ease after the baby is born. After the baby is born you will wonder why you didn't enjoy this time more. It will all change drastically. Do everything you can now to make it easier for the change in a few weeks.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Eggplant parmesan!
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 1:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I sincerly hope that this is just a vent, and not a serious search for inducement tips this early in your pregnancy!

Anyway, the best thing to do is to practice more and more patience, and truly enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy. It will fly by before you know it. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2011