Ive read is not really normal to blees from gums in last trimester? adult content

Ive been bleading when I brush my teeth never did before but this last 2weeks ivebeen bleading from my gumms is it normal

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 1:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mine started to a few weeks ago, I got a different mouthwash and use it twice instead of just at the bedtime brushing and my gums are no longer bleeding..

Something to try until you can make it to the dentist?
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 5:17 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Everyone's mouth is different in sensitivity to the pregnancy hormones. Some people grow pregnancy tumors and bleed in response to birth control pills.

The dentist told me that pregnancy will do what it will do to your gums. All you can do is go for your cleanings and brush and floss, but it won't prevent you from having gum problems.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I thought it was normal due to hormone changes during pregnancy, even in the last trimester. I thought I read that somewhere. My gums bleed because it has to due with my low blood platelets but I thought with normal pregnancies it was fine.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My dentist told me that pregnancu hormones canactually change the bacteria in your mouth. And for some womeN, this could cause cavities, gingivitis, and may more problems, even if you have no history of any oral problems. just keep your mouth super clean. It is all you can do.
    Good luck!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011