*For moms with boys*

Is it ok to let my almost 3 yr old boy to play with girl toys,handbags , higheels and dresses he seems to love it but my hubby does not like it he says that he might get the idea he is a boy, what should I do?

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 1:23 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I say let him play with whatever he wants! Hubby needs to lose that machoism crap.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I think it's fine, you let your little girl play with "boy toys", and she's fine right? Not intending to sound rude, but that's just the best way I could say it.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Lol...BaileysMom I originally read "machoism" as "masochism".
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 1:30 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Not get the idea that he's a boy? I didn't figure out that i was a girl by playing dress-up or Barbies. When i got some He-Man toys one christmas i didn't think "Oh...maybe i'm a dude now."
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:35 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Personally I think it's okay. My three year old puts on both my shoes and his father's shoes and walks around. They are so young they don't understand the difference between male and female they are just doing what mommy and daddy does because that's who they look up to.
    cevonner81

Answer by cevonner81 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would allow it at that age. Gender roles are something we're taught, not born knowing. It's harmless fun for him. Both of my kids played with baby dolls and 'girl' toys at that age - and I can tell you now that they're nearly 7 and 10 that they do anything they can to avoid girl toys.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i let my son play with my daughter's toys but i wouldn't go out and buy girl toys for him
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes, we do.. my husband wasn't FOND of it either at first but we've talked through it and I think it helped us..
    we recently went to build a bear and he picked out a pink bear with a pink ruffle dress and named it max lol!~that was, I admit, harder for my husband to deal with but.. he got over it...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• tell hubby not to worry when my son was 4 he always wanted to wear this pink lacey top that he begged for me to get him at a garage sale,, kids just like stuff that is pretty, no harm in it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• haha -- SleepyCupcake -- and did you vote it up before that or after? :-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011