How did the glucose test make you feel ?

how did the glucose test make you feel. I just had mine done and It felt like a mix of I was drunk and high on something I dont even know I hated the feeling I was shaking, I kinda lost my hearing it was like someone turned the volume down. My pain tolerance was like nil I felt numb. Is this a normal reaction ? how did you feel after?

mommyof0210

Asked by mommyof0210 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a diffrent dr than i do now with my first. My first they didn't do that not sure why, this time I haven't had it done yet I go in 3 more weeks. With my second i drank the stuff and it wans't bad at all I didn't mind it. My dr keeps them cold it tasted like orange pop.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Sounds like you have gestational diabetes. The Dr will let you know. I had those same feelings when I did that test, years ago when I was preggo. It's the body's way of saying your not producing enough insulin to handle a large dose of sugar. I could be wrong, and I hope your feeling better now.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I felt just like that during the test. I am super-sensitive to too much of anything, including medication. I tested fine, though.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I just had a One hour/ Non-fasting (failed) & a three hour last week, the result was high side of normal. So I am watching my sugar/carbs. With both tests I just felt a sugar rush, a little light headed & my heart raced for a few minutes. That's it. GL.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I felt fine. Mine came back negative. I don't throw up or anything, though. I've had no sickness during pregnancy so maybe that's why I felt fine. It just tasted like a cheap, generic soda to me.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I felt fine after mine. The taste was not so great, but it's for the baby's benefit, so I didn't mind making the sacrifice.
    khebert

Answer by khebert at 3:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011