Has anyone ever seen a tornado up close?

MyPassionDiva

Asked by MyPassionDiva at 1:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Travel

• I live in Texas.. if it hadn't happened yet it will soon.. these storms are deadly again today! had two touch down less than 30 miles from me yesterday. be careful everyone!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes, a few of them actually. Trust me you NEVER want to see one up close! Its beyond scary!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes - watched it skip the house I was babysitting in - no warnings - and destroy the one next door as well as the next three on the street as I was calling 911. This was 25 years ago.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• As a child in Ohio, watched them hit Xenia, but I was a few miles away,. In Nov we had one come through Caledonia about 5 minutes after I drove through so I saw it coming but not the actual hit. In Fla and NC I have seen quite a few water spouts that have not made land-fall.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 1:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Wednesday. We had to leave our house because it isn't on the ground and isn't safe during bad weather.. W got in the car, two small children and our dog, we were going to head to the store a few miles down the road...but the hail and rain got so bad I could no longer see the road. We pulled in someone's drive way and got our kids out and huddled under their patio in the corner. The news said there was a tornado exactly were we were at. If we drove another 10 feet we would of been killed because an oak tree fell across the road. It was mine and my 3 yo and 18 month old first experience in a tornado. If I didn't have to be brave for them and keep my cool, I would of been crying like a baby. My 3 year old stuffed her most prized stuffed animal, mr. Bunny, inside her zip up jammies so he would be safe and not scared she told me. Makes me appreciate life and my family!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 3:01 AM on May. 2, 2011

• No, thank god.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:33 PM on May. 5, 2011