For those of you that answered my "fun fact for whites" post....

Since most of you don't read comments after yours I figured I'd just post another one.

Those of you that answered with it being a two way street, I have a question for you:
If whites faced racism so much then why did they proceed to answer with it not being an issue?

If they faced it so much then why do they not consider it an issue. I think when we talk about racism we are talking about different things and it may be my fault for not clarifying this. I wasn't talking about stupid things people say about each race, I was referring to the blatant discrimination against different races. This topic is just limited to races though, it is also about gender, sexuality, religion, age, beauty or lack there of, class discrimination and the list goes on.

I am not denying that racism can also affect whites but how many times do you hear of discrimination of whites? It's quite rare.

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I hear it all the time here in the south..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I really DONT get this racism thing. We are ALL the same race people!! The Human race!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• well that's because we don't make such a big deal out of every little negative thing said to or about us, we just let it go....
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• And the fact that it was Elvis is irrelevant.
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Just because you aren't aware of it doesn't mean it's rare. Be happy that you haven't been discriminated against for being white, because I have, and I've known many others who have as well.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• awesome vote down for telling the truth, see? told ya it exists
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Rare or not, it really sucks when you experience it personally. It may be more prevalent in the South, but it's also present on the west coast as well. Bigots are everywhere and every race.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Do you realize what "life chances" are? They are being told you won't amount to anything, that you are told you are high risk so they shove you into a school with high crime rates and low graduation rates, being denied a job, being denied higher education because your parents didn't go to college. These are the things I am talking about. Are there hate crimes preformed on us in a daily basis? These are what I'm concerned with. Not being disliked by someone.
    iluvmm09

Comment by iluvmm09 (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Like racism against whites in...not being allowed into an all black college? Or not being able to participate in the Miss Black America?

I'm so sick of hearing how white people are racist.

It exists everywhere, with many things and ALL races. To single out ''whites'' is racist.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Because no white person has ever been told they won't amount to anything? No white person is ever high risk? No white person has ever gone to a crappy school w/a high crime rate? Please. Know the information before you going spouting off information that is COMPLETELY incorrect!!!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:49 PM on Apr. 26, 2011