Teaching diff Language.

is it better for them to learn 2 diff language or just the one main language?

clowery573

Asked by clowery573 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think the more the better as long as they can communicate in each properly and tell which is which all is well.

My kids speak American English, French, German and limited Spanish
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My nephew and niece were raised learning 3 language's . English, Italian and Columbian. They didnt seem to have any trouble apart from using only 1 language at a time in a full sentence. by the time they were 4 they knew the difference between all 3. Its easier to teach them from the start.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:43 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I should know the answer to this, but I don't. My parents both spoke only french until they started school and learned English. In my home life as a child I learned a kind of mixed up, half french, half english dialect. See, when either of them got angry or wanted to exchange words privately they would speak to each other in french. The results for me were that as an adult I had to learn the english word for some things and I invert my nouns and verbs constantly.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 1:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• My second language is English, though I never use it.....really only on this site! My children only know Spanish.
    Not worried about bothering with the English, as we will be moving back to Cen. America soon
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2011