Custody...

I need input on this too. I'm pregnant and have a 2 yr old. I was always the primary caregiver for my son. I did EVERYTHING and my soon to be ex husband sat and watched tv while i fed him, cooked, gave him meds, gave him a bath, just everything. Right now we are going to be getting a divorce and he is with me 4 nights and my ex 3 nights and I think my son should at least be with me 5 days and him 2, he doesn't even know how to make him meals! But he won't agree to that so we gotta go to court (I know fun) but I hope the judge see's through him and relizes that I'm the parent my son needs to be with more. Also whne I have this baby will they give him some custody of it right away??? Shoudl I file for full custody of my unborn baby with visitation??? Or shoudl I do split like with my son?? I'm so lost thank you...

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 1:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Breast feed. I mean the baby. If you do so, he won't be able to get over nights with the baby for a year (or as long as you breastfeed). Standard visitation is one day during the week and every other weekend, however, if you let him take him more then that now, the judge is likely to let it continue. I would tell your ex he can have standard visitation with the child until you go to court. And his parents don't need to be watching him if you are available so make sure you as for right of first refusal (meaning he can't leave the child with anyone without offering the child back to you first)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Unless there is some type of abuse YOU cannot keep the father from the child. He will have visits. even at such a young age, it might be in your presents but he still gets to see the baby. So if father doesnt even know how to fix 2 yr old meals... what does he feed him??? who keeps him while the hubby works on his days???
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• If the court will let you do it now, I would do it now. I truly hope things work out for you! At the very least,your ex will soon see how much work the child(ren) are and he will have to step it up,if he is the only one home to care for them !
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 1:56 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• i would file for full custody of your unborn baby personally
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:51 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Ok thinking that too
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• O do I do custody for my unborn baby now or when it's born??
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I don't want ot keep the baby form him but custody wise I would like to have most of it even if he wants to visit he can but just on paper I would like the baby with me most of the time. His parents watch my son while he works. He feeds him snacks all day.
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yeah I will breastfeed for sure! Thank you.
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I was just gonna ask the same thing!!!You took the word rit=ght out o my mouth!!!!I plan on starting my process now so it wont take so long when the baby gets here.I plan to do everything in his(the baby's)best interest so it wont backfire!!But now is the time to weigg your optiions cause its best to have a plan
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 3:16 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• matthewscandi .... me being the primary caregiver makes me the better one to take care of my children. When he makes the bath water scolding hot and puts my son in it or gives him regular milk when he is allergic to it or I give my son to him and my son sceams and crys I would say I would be the better parent. When I take my son to the Dr and he NEVER has ever. O or when my son had to go to the er inthe middle of the night and he wouldn't come and didn't care to cause he was to tired... wow you are right he is a winner and my son should be with him o not to mention the newborn baby too
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Apr. 26, 2011