Looking for hair color recommendation - Dark Ash Brown!

Does anyone use a hair color that is dark ash brown? I am looking to replace the discontinued hair color I used - L'Oreal Natural Match. Any other brands I've tried my hair came out with red highlights and/or faded to red - -definitely the opposite of ash! Help -- I've bought all the discontinued boxes on the internet so I've got to find a replacement.

Whimsee

Asked by Whimsee at 1:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Have you tried calling the color experts at Clairol.com? They can point you in the right direction for the result your looking for.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• gariner nutrisse is really good. i have been using this kind of hair color for years.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well, I had my worst experience with Clairol years ago. My hair turned a strange brassy red so I'm reluctant to mess with that brand. L'Oreal came out with a replacement line. The name is something like "Sublime Mousse by Healthy Look." So I looked up customer reviews on the L'Oreal official site, and the people who tried the closest replacement for "dark ash brown" hated it! Most said it turned their hair red! It was amazing to see all these bad customer reviews right on their site. However, people who used other shades were quite happy with Sublime Mousse.
    Whimsee

Comment by Whimsee (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• gariner nutrisse-----love, love it! but the color I get has a tint of red so I don't know how the "ash" colors do. GL
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• why dont you contact the company and see what they suggest
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• bump
    Perfect 10 is a good colour product. Check their colours out.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I have contacted L'Oreal 5 times! They recommend that "Sublime Mousse" stuff. When I pointed out to them that comments on their own site "slam" the product, they just say "thanks for contacting us." I also go on Makeup Alley so I'll check that site for reviews of the ash shades for Garnier and Perfect 10. Thanks.
    Whimsee

Comment by Whimsee (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Why not go to Sally's? They have such a good variety of color that you should be able to find one that matches perfectly. You can also pick up a developer that will cause less damage to your hair.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 11:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• sally's helped me SO much!! go there, they will have what u need
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• thanks, I will go to Sally's. I do have a few more boxes of Natural Match, so I can bring that along to show them.
    Whimsee

Comment by Whimsee (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2011