Silly Days...

Do you do any random celebrations or silly holidays with your kids? We have started 'Cowboy Day' & 'Pirate Day' this year. (I plan to do it around the same time every year) and I also took my 2 yr old 'monster hunting' in the back yard. I make a big deal about it...everyone dresses up, we keep the theme going all day...So what kind of things do you do to keep your kids imaginations growing?

sbenbenek

Asked by sbenbenek at 1:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Entertainment

• you rockI think that is awesome!!!! Such wonderful memories for your children!

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:54 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Umm....we celebrate our dog's birthday lol....hat's, cake (for us) treats for the dog lol....gifts, the whole 9 yards...but more silly holidays would probably be alot of fun lol. Thanx for the tip mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I love that too! we dont currently have a pet, but I can see that being a good one in the future. Another fun thing is to look up the 'silly holidays' online...things such as national pancake day or silly sock day...we try to celebrate one of those a month...my kids are still a lil young to 'get it' but i figure its a good habit to be into for when they do!
    sbenbenek

Comment by sbenbenek (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I hadn't thought about it--DD is still kinda young-- but you've given me some great inspiration!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• yes we do different themes through out the year usually I let them pick whatever they want to do and then we go from there
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:09 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• We did "No Rules" Fridays all through Elementary School. Usually once a month. You eat what you want, you do what you want, and go to bed when you want (although sneakily it was always 11) I'll admit it was somewhat selfish I was a single mom at the time and some weeks were just too much so "No Rules" Friday was invented.... He thought I was the coolest mom ever and I didn't have to cook :)
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:28 PM on May. 18, 2011