Male doctor or female which do you prefer to have?

which do you prefer to have male or female doctor when having your pregnancy appointments and labor and delivery? is there anything better about one or the other ? thoughts and opinions

mommyof0210

Asked by mommyof0210 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• male! women are too rough imo
    Anonymous

• The sex of a doctor doesn't matter to me as long as their competent in doing their job.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• It doesnt matter to me....I asked my husband though just in case he would rather have me have a female Dr but he didnt care either, as long as they are a good doctor that is all that matters to me...my doctor happens to be female but she was just assigned to me, it wasnt my choice lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well, if I got pregnant right now, I demand that God himself delivered my child since I had my lady parts removed. When I was having kids though, it really didn't matter to me.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 1:57 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• female. if i am going to have someone tell me how i should feel while pregnant and during birth i want it to be because they have actually been there and done that not because they read it in a book!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Well until 3 months ago I refused to see a male doctor. Guess who was on call when I went into labor, a male doctor lol but honestly he was better than the female doctor that delivered my son, he was awesome. But I really think it just depends on the individual doctor. My mom has always preferred male, she says women aren't as "gentle".
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:58 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I prefer female also.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I prefer a female
    MyPassionDiva

Answer by MyPassionDiva at 2:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Male. Most of the Female OB/GYN haven't had any children yet. Meaning they don't know. Men don't know either but I trust the Male Doctor better. They seem to be more proactive and they don't talk much. They give you simple and concise instructions.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 2:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I prefer a female doctor, and preferably one who has had children of her own. It just helps when you and your doctor can relate to one another. The male doctors in the practice where I went were either nervous little men or completely gruff. Happily I ended up bonding with one of the midwives.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011