How would you suggest to make and extra $1000 a month.

My daughter is in some treatment for emotional healing and the cost is high.

sew4heaven

Asked by sew4heaven at 2:01 PM on Apr. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Get a second job
    Anonymous

• second job, internet based job, host parties (candle, make up, Tupperware, passion ect)
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Babysitting, doing housework for other people.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I would think babysitting would be a good way, have you checked into any State programs? You don't mention what her issue is, but many places have mental health services based on income.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:06 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• $1000 is not going to happen overnight with anything you start up.. but it's possible. I have a sites I can recommend that I use and I do make several hundred dollars a month, sometimes more, sometimes less.. it's all about how much time you have to put into it (it is free) Earn Money Here

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• First of all, I am sorry to hear that!! I have the PERFECT solution for you!!
    Start a business with Mary Kay!! You will make excellent $$$ and you can work it when it fits into your schedule!!
    Right now until the end of April you can get our Full Kit for $50!!! Regular price is $100. The kit has over $300 of full size products and has all the supplies to help you get started!!
    We are having an informational call tonight (Tuesday) at 9pm EST 17124321100 pass code 956799#. It is only about 15 min and you can get the facts and ask any questions. There is no obligation...just get the facts!! Tell the director that Kim B. referred you.
    You can also contact me here thru cafe mom and I can give you more details...www.marykay.com/kbressan
    I would love to have you on my team!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I agree... unless you get a job outside the home, it's probably not going to happen.  You can try to borrow from friends, or get a loan of some sort, but it's going to take a part-time job outside.  Lots of places are hiring right now!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Most direct sales companies have the potential to make that kind of income, but it's not immediate, and it does take a lot of hard work. If you choose to go that direction, I'd suggest picking a product you can be passionate about. www.dsa.org is a good place to start.

I've also heard that pizza delivery can be quite lucrative, but I don't have personal experience, and I don't know how that works out with the current gas prices.
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 2:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Forgot to mention...NO TERRITORIES AND NO SALES QUOTAS!!
    PLUS we make 50% on everything!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• This might not be what you want to do, but lots of cleaning services are mucking out houses that have been foreclosed. Call around, you could probably get on one of their crews.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 26, 2011